Ayurvedic~Wisdom in everyday life
Ayurveda is at the very heart of Pukka. It is an ancient Indian philosophy guiding and inspiring us in the ‘art of living wisely.’ In simple terms, ayurveda is a holistic system which guides us so that we can live a healthier and more balanced lifestyle. It recognises that we are all unique and focuses on food, lifestyle, massage, yoga and herbal remedies to suit our individual make-up.
The wisdom of ayurveda encourages us to take responsibility for our own health according to the different stages of our lives, the seasons, the environment we live and work. These factors all have a big impact on our health and it makes sense to adapt our lifestyle accordingly so we can continue to live in harmony with our body and stay in optimum health.
Describing the Dosha
· Also known as the body-mind types, ayurveda uses the dosha
to advise and inform the best way to live your life wisely.
Typically, each dosha type is made up from the following characteristics:
Also known as the body-mind types, ayurveda uses the dosha to advise and inform the best way to live your life wisely.
Pitta types are confident, passionate leaders, organised &perfectionists but excess pitta can make them fiery, snappy &irritable. Pitta people have a tendency to suffer from skin irritations, overheating, heartburn & ulcers.
Kapha types tend to be loyal, kind-hearted, calm and full of love, but a kapha overload can make them lethargic, lacking in energy and a little over indulgent. Kapha types are prone to congestion, excess weight and sluggish digestion.
The ayurvedic path to a healthy life
From the ayurvedic point of view good health is about your whole way of life being rejuvenating and beneficial to yourself and the world around you. Make sure that you are aware of:
- Pure air
- Pure water
- Pure food
- Balanced digestion
- Reduced toxins
- A strong heart and balanced emotions
- Avoidance of negative
- A regular lifestyle: This is an orderly routine that balances personal hygiene, nourishment, exercise, relaxation, creativity, wealth and love.
- Protection: Try to heal every day with active avoidance of immune depressing chemicals and foods to keep your immune system intact
- Tonification: daily use of strengthening herbs and foods that can rejuvenate your entire system.